E-175 FLYING

dozerboy

Looks like Embraer 175 will be doing the following routes based upon the sked up to October 20, 2005.

YYZ-DCA

YYZ-ATL

YUL-ORD

YUL-LGA

YYZ-ORD

In many cases it replaces the ski-doo, I am sure the passengers will notice the huge difference.

Looks like Embraer 175 will be doing the following routes based upon the sked up to October 20, 2005.

YYZ-DCA

YYZ-ATL

YUL-ORD

YUL-LGA

YYZ-ORD

In many cases it replaces the ski-doo, I am sure the passengers will notice the huge difference.

I often wonder if passengers actually care what equipment they fly on. From personal experience, other factors such as Delays, Middle Seats, Grumpy F/As, etc. are much more likely to ruin the experience than the type of a/c. Some of the most uneventful flights I have had were on RJs or Turboprops and some of the worst were on A340 / 747.

Congrats on the new bird though.

I often wonder if passengers actually care what equipment they fly on. From personal experience, other factors such as Delays, Middle Seats, Grumpy F/As, etc. are much more likely to ruin the experience than the type of a/c. Some of the most uneventful flights I have had were on RJs or Turboprops and some of the worst were on A340 / 747.

Congrats on the new bird though.

A lot of frequent flyers are anti-CRJ 100/200 on longer routes. Some even book away from AC on transborder routes for that reason, possibly also intra-West routes as well, but mostly where there is an alternative on United or US Airways where they can get their Aeroplan points and fly on larger jets. This will correct that situation.

I'd say that if you are over six feet tall, it matters

I'd say that if the flight is over two hours, it matters

I'd say that if you are used to flying business class (which the CRJ 100/200 doesn't have), it matters

I find the CRJ 100/200s perfectly fine for trips up to 90 minutes, and I'm 5'11". But AC has been flying them on many routes over two hours, even over three hours. The aircraft replacing them on these routes (the 705 or 175) have better seat pitch and head room, a business class cabin and they will have the AVOD in-seat entertainment system starting this fall. The 175 (and 190) have the feel of a larger plane, which is why some airlines like AC and B6 are so enthusiastic about them. Air Canada, for one, has had a huge need for a plane like the DC-9 in terms of passenger payload and mission capability. The 190, in particular, will be used much like the DC-9, only with dramatically better operating economics.

Guest Touchdown

Biggest bonus....

EMJ...no middle seats. Everyone gets either an aisle or window....to escape from the corpulent seat mate laugh.gif

Touchdown

A lot of frequent flyers are anti-CRJ 100/200 on longer routes. Some even book away from AC on transborder routes for that reason, possibly also intra-West routes as well, but mostly where there is an alternative on United or US Airways where they can get their Aeroplan points and fly on larger jets. This will correct that situation.

I'd say that if you are over six feet tall, it matters

I'd say that if the flight is over two hours, it matters

I'd say that if you are used to flying business class (which the CRJ 100/200 doesn't have), it matters

I find the CRJ 100/200s perfectly fine for trips up to 90 minutes, and I'm 5'11". But AC has been flying them on many routes over two hours, even over three hours. The aircraft replacing them on these routes (the 705 or 175) have better seat pitch and head room, a business class cabin and they will have the AVOD in-seat entertainment system starting this fall. The 175 (and 190) have the feel of a larger plane, which is why some airlines like AC and B6 are so enthusiastic about them. Air Canada, for one, has had a huge need for a plane like the DC-9 in terms of passenger payload and mission capability. The 190, in particular, will be used much like the DC-9, only with dramatically better operating economics.

The RJ is a REGIONAL JET it is not meant for long stage lengths. I am 6'4" tall and 260 lbs. I do not mind flying on the RJ at all. The 705 is even better as there is more headroom and better seats.

B

Archived