Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowerAdmin

Federal Election

If the election were to be held today, which party would you vote for?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. If the election were to be held today, which party would you vote for?

• Bloc Québécois
    • Canadian Action Party
    • Communist Party of Canada
    • Conservative Party of Canada
    • Green Party of Canada
    • Liberal Party of Canada
    • Marijuana Party
    • Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
    • New Democratic Party
    • Undecided

Guest PowerAdmin
Caution... if you elect to view the results before voting, the system will not allow you to vote later.

Personally.... I cannot for the life of me understand what kind of panzy-assed laws we must have in Canada that permit the inclusion of a "federal party" that seeks to destroy Canada??!!

The Bloc should be gone! Those who allow it to exist should be thrown in the hoosgow for treason or sedition... or at the very least, tarred & feathered!

The Bloc were on there way out until the Quebec voters were hit with the truth about what kind of crooks that the Liberal party ia. mad.gif

If you want a better country,then demand better government.

huh.gif

LOL

Thats some strong opinions about the Bloc Mitch!! I have to admit that I though like you did before I moved to Quebec (I am from Ontario) but I now see some of the logic used to justify the blocs existance. Many people living here in Quebec are hard core sovereignists.They don't care about the federal parties which seem to be full of scandals (whether you look at the Mulroney clan or the Chretien-Martin Clan).

In my humble opinion,I think that the people who do vote for the bloc,are the people who want nothing to do with the liberals,and yet want a party that will represent their interests (separating) at the national level.

I can't say I agree that having the bloc as a federal party is of much use for quebecers but the alternatives are few and far between.I think Jack layton's NDP party would be aligned with what alot of quebecers want. That party seems to lack the proper members in quebec to get good results.

Eric

I understand that point of view Eric... or, at least I think I do.... But I come from the school of thought that believes Quebec is an inseparable part of Canada... a large part of our soul and a big contributing reason for being who we are as Canadians. If some of Quebec's residents wish to leave Canada, they should bloody well do so, but they can't take part of my country with them!

smile.gif Cheers,

Mitch

If some of Quebec's residents wish to leave Canada, they should bloody well do so, but they can't take part of my country with them!

smile.gif Cheers,

Mitch

And they better turn in their Canadian Passports and develop their own currency unsure.gif

It is a shame that they waste a vote on the BQ, a party that will never be in a position to make changes for the people of Quebec. Imagine how much more Quebec could get with an elected government in Ottawa. As for leaving Canada, the First Nations in Quebec would never let it happen, unlike the irrationally charged Québécois, they know a good deal when they see it. wink.gif

my perception....

I think that if the feds would give more freedom to the provinces,more authority,more say in the mathers that concern them, most of this separation crap would disapear. Ottawa seems to try to micromanage everything regardless of wheter or not it is in their jurisdiction.

Just take this election taking place.....The Martin clan is trying to impress voters by comitting more money to health care.They will offer 3 billion dollars to fix health care.... and yet that money will come with all kinds of strings attached!!How can they do that??In Quebec,(if my memory serves me right)The feds cover approx 16% of health care cost,and yet.... they expect to control the whole system!!

How is that appropriate?If you want to have an equal say in how the health care system should run,they should be contributing an equal share.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg Mitch, the mentality in quebec is alot diferent then the mentality in Ontario or Manitoba(the provinces I am familiar with).If you have a closer look,you will notice that quebec is one of the provinces with the most social programs.Whether its 7$ /day day-care or the free health care drugs for the poor, Quebec has more social programs then all provinces.Take this paternity leave program Ottawa has just agreed to improve,even with the improvements,it still doesn't meet the quality of the present program enjoyed by quebecers.

Eric

Sounds great, I just wish the other Provinces reaceived the same level of funding that Quebec does which helps fund these programs. Both directly with transfer payments and indirectly with Government contracts Quebec is federally the richest province in Canada.

I voted for Liberal but that could change even though I am a liberal depending on what their answer is to my questions as to what they are going to do about the airline industries high taxes. (highest in the world)

"And they better turn in their Canadian Passports and develop their own currency"

I don't know what good our passport is Kip, it's turned into a passport of convenience these days... Look at the Khadr family, she's "lost" so many passports that the Government won't issue her one anymore, and yet she still travels freely about the world "using" Canadian citizenship.

The passport office doesn't "talk" to the border service about lost/missing/flagged passports citing right to privacy issues...

In this age of "hyphenated" Canadians what does a passport mean? What does the citizenship oath mean to the people who recite it verbatim and then proceed to ignore the values that we as Canadians have?

The whole immigration department needs a rethink from the ground up.

No Kip, I'm not ready to "play dead"... wink.gif

Yeah he might privatize the airports and destroy the canadian airline industry with the highest taxes and user fees in the world.......... N O T. biggrin.gif

No, they would sell out to the Americans on everything, probably send Canadian soldiers to Iraq and bankrupt the federal government with a Bush style tax policy.

"... bankrupt the federal government with a Bush style tax policy."

As opposed to the Tax and Horde policy they've got now? Tax Canadian's and their companies to death and then brag about how much money they've got as a surplus!

Meanwhile,

- Veteran’s are dying and being laid to rest in unmarked graves, because the Veteran’s dept. can not come up with $400 to buy a headstone.

- Our Soldiers are being sent into harm’s way with obsolete equipment that can not protect these brave men’s lives.

- We have vehicles overseas that operate on a different fuel than our NATO allies, and we do not have the means of transporting the diesel fuel we alone still use.

- We have the opportunity to “piggyback” on the U.S. military purchase of vehicles for our servicemen, but decline so that the “politicians” may decide where the next round of pork may be distributed.

- Adrienne Clarkson as Governor General for Canada has the audacity to tell Parliament that she is “above politics” and doesn’t need to justify her budget or actions.

Yes, let's all hear it for FOUR (4) more years of the Liberals at the trough...

I will not be voting Liberal.

Guest yycfaguy

Where the hell is the Rhino Party in that Poll!!!! Lets give each province a Rocky Mountain and Sink Newfoundland!!!!

Guest bigdig

I am always amazed at the voting practices of Canadians, myself included in the past. But now that i've travelled and lived in other countries i have come to one conclusion. Most politicians are power seeking individuals with their own selfish interests at the forefront..... namely to get re-elected and continue with their belief of self importance. This is to be expected, it is the nature of politics. But what i have come to realize is that Canada has one of the worst political systems i have ever run across (excluding third world nations of course).

If anyone is considering voting Liberal yet again then you get what you deserve. In spite of my tempered respect for Paul Martin as an individual, he will stoop to the historic lows of Liberal politics, as he has already proven with his inane advertisements regarding the Conservative party. When will the average Canadian realize that the garbage thrown at us regarding the conservatives from the liberals, is unfactual. We live in societies in the western world based on paranoia and fear, in spite of our privileged place.

I now base my voting decisions on past performance. The Liberals in the past 10 years have been a terrible government and have irrepairably damaged the Canadian image on the world stage and also from an economic point of view. Who was the mid 50's Liberal PM (sorry forgot his name at this moment), ( Pearson i believe).....who said that Canada would be one of the leading nations of the world in the future. I have come to realize that we are a joke around the world. We are respected only by those who seek our refuge. Those who seek an easier way of life in comparison to their present conditions. It is common knowledge that Canada is the place to go if you want something for nothing. If you disagree with me, then you haven't discussed and talked to most other people from around the world. It is not respect for our government or our ideals or our ingenuity. It is simply a realization that its a gravy train

We have such a great country and it is being ruined by those individuals such as JKalafian, who feel it is acceptable to be a pansie and base viewpoints and decisions on catering to the whim of those in power. The most capable, the most intelligent and the most worthy individuals should reap the rewards. Of course we should take into account those less fortunate, but not to the detriment of the average individual.

This country has lost its way. I am so sad about that, considering our potential.

For those considering voting Liberal, you should be ashamed. There is no excuse for the past Liberal governments, in particular Jean Chretiens'. But if that is your decision then i have to respect that, in spite of the obvious madness of it all.

Unfortunately I don't see much in the way of good choices as far as who to vote for. There just isn't a strong leader among the bunch. They are just doing the standard game of 'say what the electorate wants to hear'.

Having said that, I just hope people vote 'for' someone as opposed to 'against' the Liberals. We don't want someone in power because we voted against the other guy.

I believe that the only thing all politicians are good at is getting elected.

My local "Honourable Incumbent Member" was standing at the corner, dressed in a Canada Flag jacket, waving to the semi-comatose turning into Tim's @ 6:30 am today. I was not impressed ... She doesn't have the smarts to get out of the rain.

My wish is that none of them end up with a majority government. The challenge will be to coordinate voters to make sure that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot ... mad.gif

We don't have a choice ... maybe we can at least make it more difficult for them to get a Majority. ph34r.gif

I'm just really sick of crooked politicians. If there was a party that could absolutely guarantee that there no crooked members and that were of reasonable idiolology(sp), I would likely vote for them, regardless of left or right.

I am really tired of sending my taxes in support of health care, roads, aboriginal poverty, transfer payments to poorer provinces, help for third world nations, aids for Africa...... etc etc etc, only to have a large portion STOLEN by some crooked son-of a-naughty word, who's only interest is personal gain.

I'll likely vote Conservative Alliance although I'm pretty sure that they have some crooks in the woodpile too.

Whatever happened to serving the people?

OK.... we seem to have a fellow here who's fond of the Marxist-Leninist Party...... Anyone care to detail their party platform? blink.gif

8 for the Marijuana Party, I can understand that.... but ???? and 2 for the Communist party? C'mon, who are ya?... Can you tell us why? biggrin.gif

"How can someone seriously say Canada has lots it way when we are leading the G8 in almost everything?"

Better check your facts before you start typing...

We are first in a number of things with regard to G-8 countries. We are the highest taxed, and have the greatest inflation (Canada - 2.7%, UK - 2.1%, France - 1.6%, Germany - 2.1%, Italy - 2.6 % Japan - -0.6% Only Russia and the U.S.A have higher inflation).

Our Real GDP Growth is midpack with 4.4%. The U.S.A. has 5% and Russia has 8.3%. Think high taxes might have somthing to do with slow growth?

Canada Vs. G8 A comparison.