Air Canada JAZZIP

OK, don't shoot me on this one and just be fair on the issue:

What if... Mainline goes out of business, ZIP takes all of the international flights and merge the operations with JAZZ for the national operations ?

Handlers, tickets, ground ops and dispatch all done by the actual staff at JAZZ(they will need to hire experienced people from the defunct Air Can at lower cost) And the remaining of the aircrafts needed for the international growth, taken on the ZIP banner at ridiculous rates. There will be temporary layoffs at JAZZ, the pilots and AME's from the previous mainline will be hired back gradually at ZIP and the FA's, hired at ZIP wages and conditions.

Of course we will have to make concessions from day one at every level but, we will have one damn profitable airline at the end...

I'm not trying to stir the pot here but, to get out of this mess without any major damage done to my futur, caused by those f&%$"!g union leaders at mainline...

Sincerely yours,

MHC

Guest eights wild

Inject 20-30 737's in to Jazz, and retire some of Jazz's redundant 'Feeder' aircraft (probably 30-40 (half the Jazz fleet)), and you have a instant competitive domestic alternative.

Basically 1/2 Jazz merged with Zip and then some.

Next, liquidate mainline and reform at competitive rates. Take it or leave it scenario.

If you don't like it there's expansion in China and Indian airlines are hiring contract pilots.

Mmmmm....This won't change peoples nasty, rotten attitudes though, might not work.

Guest Dash eight

We have been under utilised for years now. If AC was to liquidate then we should be given the chance to go after the Domestic routes with the right equipment not the old and tired 37s or dash8s

Liquidation will affect all AC segments, last I checked. There won't be a ZIP, or a JAZZ.

Don't confuse separate OC's with separate anything else. When the creditors come for their money, liquidating mainline is only part of the overall process that means liquidating everyone.

Ironic to the bizarre that we would have a group of Jazz pilots suing the mainline folks for a gazzzillion dollars, because they wouldn't let Regional join. The premise of that suit was, I believe, that it was all one family.

Well, keep dreaming of the mainline's death as an opportunity, and you will see that merged family reunited on the UI line.

It might be a better idea to see what we can do together to make this operation work, instead of banking on vapour.

Vs

I'm ready to do anything possible to save the whole ship; but it's very hard to keep it afloat while almost every union leader, at mainline, is punching holes to sink it.

It's very frustrating at the end not beeing part of the parade...

MHC

Guest rj200

I really don't think you know what the %*$ you are talking about VSLPAT!!! Both Jazz and Zip are filed under separate CCAA documents and can and will be brought out of bankruptcy protection together when the mothership goes down for the final count....glub,glub,glub

The new "Jazzip" or Zipja" or "TCA" will do all the North American routes with a combination of A-319's/320's, CRJ 200's/705's and a handfull of DH-8's. What a license to print money, especially if Gerry Shwartz or the Deluce Family get a hold of it! Rumour has it that Calin R. is trying to strike up a deal with these two new investors. The reason he up and quite AC is that it would be a conflict of interest and against ethical quidelines if he was to start up a new company while being on the board.

The assets of the mainline part will be brought back to ~60% levels with all new employees making 60-72% of their current $$$. Now this too will be a license to print money doing all international routes from the feed from "Jazzip".

Good luck to all and too all a good night...

Guest Skirt

Keep drinking the kool-aid folks... These rumors are great! I remember a friend of mine at Nova 6-7 years ago talking about 319's. Seems like that rumor is still floating about.

You want a license to print $$$, then take a look at Southwest, Jetblue etc... You have to start new and pay people what they are worth, that's how they do it. If AC liquidates, then all will be liquidated. If there is to be a new airline to take it's place, then it will be started from scratch, with an appropriate cost structure, unless WJ, JG and CJ take all the remaining domestic market share by then.

I think you're a bit too focused on the dream. I don't see anything separating, or more accurately perhaps, protecting, your company from the others. Court documents are no shield. The assets are being handled in the same file, the same process. The corporate worth, DIP financing, aircraft purchase plan, everything is merged.

So, believe what you wish, curse whomever you need to when they disagree. If the end comes as you seem to want, there will be grief enough for everyone.

But, as with everything, that is my opinion. It frankly doesn't matter whether or not you like it. It is what the creditors and courts believe that will, in the end, matter.

Vs

Archived