Air Cadets

Guest bianchiboy

Guest pepispad

Air Cadet's is a great organization. I made several life long friends and met a lovely young lady who eventualy honored me by becoming my wife.

75 Pilot Academic Penhold

76 Glider Naniamo

77 Power Victoria

Andre Pepin

Guest leftcoaster

"88 Power Victoria, BC VFC"

I was an Instructor on your course at VFC.

I taught 2 Cadets named Clarke and Campbell, a guy and a girl. Both were great students. Always wondered what happened to them.

Keith Greig

Guest leftcoaster

Hi Nigel

Good to see ya (so to speak)

It's been a long time.

All 3 of my kids ended up at 89 as well.

The eldest finished last year as WO2 with wings and is pursuing a career in aviation (yikes)!

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Cheers

Keith Greig

Guest Skirt

333 Fredericton. 85-88

85 - Basic

86 - Glider (Debert)

87 - Power (Waterville, N.S.)

88 - Staff (Debert)

I didn't like Air Cadets very much until I got to Debert in 86. After that, I spent every year thinking about the next summer... Got me through alot of childish BS at the local Sqn, but by God it was worth it in the long run!

Guest bianchiboy

Blaine! You never replied to my last email. How's the wife and kids? Drop me a line, if I don't get back to you too quick it's because we're moving into our new house this weekend. Ph# stays the same.

Guest Whiteout

396 "City of Prince George"

85 Basic, Penhold

86 Aircrew Survival, Wainright

87 Glider, Princeton

93 & 94 Tow Pilot, Chilliwack

Of the entire 88 class in YYJ, I only know of myself and two others who are still flying. I'm at WJ, one is on the F18, and the other I believe is at Jazz. Mr.Milligan was my instructor. What a great summer !! The folks at VFC treated us very well !! Are you still instructing or have you moved on as well?

Guest righthandman

I was a flight instructor for the longest time, and I taught several Air Cadets and they all seemed to learn everything in the minimum time. If the PPL requirement was 35 hours they successfully did their flight tests that fast. When it was 45 hours (and the national average about 63) they still did it in 45 hours. Good bunch of guys.

Archived