Worst aviation movie ever....

Executive decision, a 747 has been hi-jacked by terrorists, so a stealth bomber flies up along side the 747, and this stealth fighter has a passanger cabin, the commandos blow a hatch on the 747, standing on top of an F-117 in flight and board the 747.

Problems:

The 747's radar would not detect any other airplane, stealth or not.

TCAS would detect another airplane that got that close, stealth or not.

When they blew the hatch to board the 747 inflight, the cabin would depressurize.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no service panels on the underside of the front of a 747 that allow access to the cabin.

The F-117 does not have a passanger cabin.

Just awful,

Another one I can't even remember the name of featured this sequence.

Walking up to the gate, the plane is a US Air Fokker, when they are boarding the plane is an Eastern DC-9, when the plane is taxiing it is a Delta L-1011, and taking off it is a United 747.

I don't even remember what that movie was called, the whole movie was awful.

There was a really, really, really bad one years ago called "Bad Attitudes" where some kids hi-jack a wide-body 727. And we all know even a 13 yearold who has never flown before can land a 727 with no more than a cheerful step-by-step from air traffic control.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That movie was a complete lark!

...but this: "To the best of my knowledge, there are no service panels on the underside of the front of a 747 that allow access to the cabin."

...better delete that one from your summary. ;)

Guest stick man

I think YVR's location is excellent. I live in Kitsilano and I can walk downtown in about 15 minutes. My drive to the airport is usually 10 minutes, 20 with traffic. You can't really compare it to an idiotic airport location like YEG, IMHO.