Worst aviation movie ever....

Seeker

Well, I still think the worst aviation movie ever is Die Hard 2 but I just found a close runner up. Watched "Heist" with Gene Hackman last night. Actually I watched 3/4 of it before turning it off and going to bed. What a mess that movie is! The story revolves around a plan to steal a shipment of gold from an airplane. Interesting to note in one scene, driving toward the airport, you can see the tail of an Air Transat L1011 and in another there is a Cara sign on a building.

Seeker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst one I ever saw scored itself in it's title; "Zero".

Pacific Theatre WW2... an absolutely lousy movie! The most realistic scene came at the end when they continued filming while a poor old beast (a Harvard, or Yale perhaps, painted in Japanese markings) idled away while burning.

There is one of the AIRPORT movies, one where Charlton Heston slides down a cable from a helicoter that is keeping pace with a 747, with the windscreen blown out.He slides through the windscreen hole and takes command of the 747, all the while his hair stays in place. It was great for a laugh

Guest Kevin Chiasson

"Firebirds" with Nic Cage, Sean Young, and Tommy Lee Jones; super bad. On another note, Hackman was here in YFD (Brantford) last year at the airport filming for a new flick. Maybe it's the one being discussed in the above posts.

You can't forget "Free Fall" (I think that was the name), a movie which purported to tell the story of the Gimli glider. It was supposed to be non fiction but not even close in any respect.

ooooohhh that hurts! Ouch. Damn I hope you didn't mean that...? Do we look that dopey, really?

Ok, ya better not answer that... I don't think I could take it.... I'll be better off imagining you laughing, "of course I was kidding". :)

Guest Wolfman

what about that scene in SWAT where they land a bizjet, i think a lear on a bridge, and have a high speed chase on takeoff... ghaaa!

Taken from your previous post:

"That explains why it looked deserted. It also expains why Hackman has such a pained look on his face the whole time, from the long drive out there every day for filming."

I guess those who think that YMX is soooo far from downtown Montréal haven't been to CDG, FCO, YEG, YVR, FRA, LIS, etc, etc.....

Most "major" airports worldwide are isolated from the downtown area!

That was my point! That's all...

Archived