Pics of A380

manwest

Not sure how I feel about something with that much capacity.......can imagine how long it would take to board a full load on that aircraft, and what is even worse, is contemplating an accident with that thing.

Sad, but true, not one modern day airliner has come into service and gone out of service without suffering a regrettable accident.

I think I'll take a smaller plane thanks..... dry.gif

personally I think Airbus dropped the ball by going bigger, when it seems the trends are moving towards smaller planes with more flexibility and frequency on routes. I'm sure it'll serve certain niches well, but I doubt it'll be as popular as the '47... but didn't people say the same about the 747 when boeing built it? tongue.gif

Is that what they call an asymetrical twin? V1 cuts should be interesting in the sim.

Speaking of big airplanes. We were returning YEV-YZF today, eastbound at 310, when we had two 777's pass overhead. One was at 320 and the other at 340, about a mile in trail. The lower was throwing a contrail, but not the one at 340.

What a sight. I have to start carrying my camera to work. Has anyone else noticed that from about six miles to three miles or so, a Triple Seven looks remarkably like a DC3 when viewed nose on?

Kev

Hopefully the 777 proves me wrong...so far so good.

Wonder why the website refers to these models as being Boeing???

I think when Boeing bought out McDonnell Douglas they renamed those models.

Guest CabinDweller

"... a Rose by any other name..."

... and sometimes a cigar... is just a cigar... tongue.gif

Mitch, I've something to send you, Kip and Skirt.

Never paid attention when discussed before, so would you mind walking me through how to post a picture (now that I have something to send)?

It's a few photographs that have been scanned.

Post is the wrong verb. Rather: I want to send it in a PM as not to take up bandwidth since they're non-aviation related.

Tx

I may be wrong but I think the only way you can send a photo through the PM portal is if the photo is on a website in which case you would use the "img" tag which would enable you to "http" the website photo.

If the photo is in your computer the only way you can post/send it would be on an normal posting,(at the bottom of the posting area where you indicate where it is on your computer) or put it in the photo gallery.....(everyone has access to the view) or,send it via email.

My email is no big secret..... kidi@sympatico.ca

Have a Happy Holiday biggrin.gif

Guest CabinDweller

So with no such photo website, PM photos are out then.

They aren't coming through to myself via mail, so in the new year I'll have my next chance to re-scan them and reformat as well (or whatever the problem is). Just some things we've all shared before.

I have something else for skirt but not his email, so a post on the main forum is the only way it seems.

How did you get multiple pics in the same message? Most people have mave one post per pic. Is it as simple as putting a coma and space between the file attachments or something like that?

One more thing.

We have to convert Mitch to the best arrangement of "Canon" in 324 years.

It's been my K448 sonata since late teenhood.

Some 200+ versions out there but I have a copy of the original one that was written specifically for the part of the Mass beginning after the Preface and Sanctus and ending just before the Lord's Prayer.

So the CD has to be put into a file format (MP3 being the most popular I understand) and then posted or sent as an attachment. But if I understand Kips earlier message, it can't be "posted" unless there is some sort of 'host' website (essentially-a link).

So the question is: how do I go about converting my CD into an MP3 (preferably for free)?

Off till Thursday evening, back then.

Dean

So with no such photo website, PM photos are out then.

They aren't coming through to myself via mail, so in the new year I'll have my next chance to re-scan them and reformat as well (or whatever the problem is). Just some things we've all shared before.

I have something else for skirt but not his email, so a post on the main forum is the only way it seems.

How did you get multiple pics in the same message? Most people have mave one post per pic. Is it as simple as putting a coma and space between the file attachments or something like that?

One more thing.

We have to convert Mitch to the best arrangement of "Canon" in 324 years.

It's been my K448 sonata since late teenhood.

Some 200+ versions out there but I have a copy of the original one that was written specifically for the part of the Mass beginning after the Preface and Sanctus and ending just before the Lord's Prayer.

So the CD has to be put into a file format (MP3 being the most popular I understand) and then posted or sent as an attachment. But if I understand Kips earlier message, it can't be "posted" unless there is some sort of 'host' website (essentially-a link).

So the question is: how do I go about converting my CD into an MP3 (preferably for free)?

Off till Thursday evening, back then.

Dean

CABINDWELLER

You will note that the thread that I initiated with the photos of the Westjet folks are multiple photos, but they are on a website and I used the IMG tag for each photo.

If you use a normal post you can only insert one photo in the photo area by linking it to your own photo folder in your computer.

Not sure what email program you are using but if it is OUTLOOK then you CREATE a NEW MESSAGE and then you must use the FORMAT dropdown menu and send your email in HTML-Rich text. Then put your cursor in the text box, go up and click on INSERT and select "picture". A box will appear and ask you where the photo is.

Find the photo via all your directories and subdirectories and select OK.

The photo will then appear in the body of your email, where ever you left your cursor. If it is a large photo it will probably have to be scrolled to see it, that is why most people reduce their photos before sending them by mail.

A MP3 is an audio file and as such is not permitted to be posted on AEF. If the file you are referring to is all music it can be sent as an attachment but it will probably be a very large file, (attachment).

The only way, short of burning another copy and mailing the CD, to send it via email is to load the CD into your hardrive as a seperate file and then send it as an attachment. The odds are that the file will be so large that most ISPs will bounce it back as email mail boxes are limited on their storage capability.

Probably confused you so if in doubt...drop an email.

Mery Christmas

Kip

Dean.... it sounds like something I'd very much like to hear... I hope you can manage the conversion to mp3... I'm afraid I can't help with that, as I have no experience doing it myself. But I can certainly accept large emails.

mcronin@sympatico.ca

smile.gif

Kip's been steering you well in the image department...

Merry Christmas to you.... and you Kip.... martini.gif

Mitch

Sad, but true, not one modern day airliner has come into service and gone out of service without suffering a regrettable accident.

Kip,

Surprising as it is, but that's actually not true. There is one modern day airliner that entered into service, was operated continuously for more than 20 years and was eventually retired from service without ever recording a single fatal accident. Perhaps even more surprising to some will be the fact that the aircraft type in question was built in France! There were only 12 Dassault Mercures built but they were workhorses for Air Inter flying the prime domestic routes in France for many years, and you don't have to look to hard to see where some of the A320's heritage comes from.

Cheers,

Pete

Dassault Mercure

post-5-1103707100_thumb.jpg

Not sure how I feel about something with that much capacity.......can imagine how long it would take to board a full load on that aircraft, and what is even worse, is contemplating an accident with that thing.

I think I'll take a smaller plane thanks..... dry.gif

I would like to see a pic with all the slides deployed. What a mess a real deployment and evacuation of that many people it would be. Rescue 1 would have his hands full. blink.gif

Kip,

Surprising as it is, but that's actually not true. There is one modern day airliner that entered into service, was operated continuously for more than 20 years and was eventually retired from service without ever recording a single fatal accident. stats.shtml]Dassault Mercure

Thanks for the info Pete..I was not aware of that fact....Bad day if you don't learn something biggrin.gif

Archived