I don't know this Montie guy...?

Mitch Cronin

...but .... . . . . . . . .

Let's make a deal! biggrin.gif

Let's put it this way... If you went to parent/teacher night, Montie would be the mid-career math teacher who the kids say actually makes math fun. He isn't overwhelming or overbearing and you don't get any sense of ego. At least that's the way I have perceived his public presentations.

Sounds intriguing.... and promising... Thanks Dagger.

I would add, however, that in the commercial arena, he does convey the impression that he doesn't like penny ante, he likes very big stakes. He is a guy thinking several steps ahead. His ideas are bold, even revolutionary, and it seems as if the board has signed on for the ride. He's not one who tries to optimize the status quo. He once told a conference I was at that there are two airlines in the world offering the right combination of size, market dominance, international opportunity and executive openmindededness (Milton) to really support radical change: AC and Qantas. That's why he left UA and came to AC.

I think it's been well-documented that AC plans to take the North American fare one-way structure (Tango, Fun, Latitude, etc) international within months and that may be one of the smaller, more predictable things to expect in 2005.

His commercial plans are not about holding what AC already has, but taking away from others, especially internationally where AC's costs now make it a low-cost producer compared to the competition.

The first nine months of 2005 will see some commercial developments that will be closely watched by airlines worldwide.

The last three months will see the first deployments of regional jets in what I would call "sexy stuff" - meaning new routes, especially transborder. (The first few deployments of 75-seaters in May will fix weaknesses in the schedule, rightsizing capacity. For example, AC needs a larger two-class aircraft on its Toronto-Texas runs; the 50-seat CRJs just aren't cut out for that kind of flying.)

The one risk, of course, is that AC gets wrapped up in expansion and forgets the bottom line, but when I saw that our friend LongTimerV is taking the package, I realized that management is still pushing the regeneration of the labor force even with more flying on the horizon.

Just had a coffee with a fellow who flies on ac alot out west for various hospitals and heads the contracts for travel. He was just newly exposed to the RJ yyc-ywg. He was so unimpressed by the trip, the way it flies through the bumps the cramped atmosphere and the way the fellows were taking off down the runway about 15 seconds worth..were gonna reject powered right back then poured the coals to it again to take off with no information conveyed to the back. I hope this rj thing works out, but he said not again. I suspect the ERJ will be better but the Bombardoo won't cut it for thier travel department he said. just a delivery man.

It's an intermediate aircraft, like the DC 9 was. It will fly longer distances and be comfortable. The RJ is meant for short flights so it is comfortable for the flights it is meant to do but not as comfortable for the longer flights. The EMB-190 will probably and is able to fly YVR-YYZ, YXX-YYZ and so on, They may not be as comfortable as a B767, but they are more comfortable for those long flights then the CRJ 200 or any other RJ probably even the ERJ-135/145., I wouldn't know as I haven't flown on the ERJ's but have flown on the EMB-170 and it was just as comfortable as a A319, (I'll have to see when I fly on the EMB-190 to see if it holds true for that long but that is what Embarer is marketing them for.

God Dagger

,you really are full of yourself.What dream world do you live in.

As far me and other longtimers retiring,well you will see how much your new generation thinks about working in the elements.

You of course wouldn't have a clue about that,working for a living that is

Your office probably faces the ramp in YUL and just one look out your window and seeing the men and women of Air Canada working around a aircraft you break out in a sweat.

The only regeneration of the labour force needed is of management.In case you haven't noticed we have the same people running the ship,but as usual they shuffle people around and then they tell people like you(who gobble it up) that the top decision makers have changed,and you buy it.

Well the rest of us don't buy it,so quit trying to convince me and others that its so rosy when it ain't.

Go for a walk in the real world,number chrunchers like yourself can make a loss look like a profit.

I maybe retiring but i still have my connections,so don't try to BS me with your spin,heard it before and for a lot more years then you have junior.

LongtimerV

It has been quite an interesting experience to watch Dagger's ego grow with the fortunes of Air Canada. For the past few months he has been making Danny Dog and his WestJet rantings looking like a rank amateur in the "I am great" department.

What strikes me , is how he personifies AC management and all the things that go along with it. Your distaste for his attitude is symbiotic of the"us VS them thing" that has been going on at AC for a long time now. The ironic thing is that Dagger is just helping to perpetuate that poisonous environment that has held AC back from becoming so much more than it can be.

Good luck in your retirement.

Thanks Sambucca,,

he just doesn't get it

maybe in la la land(where he works) things are rosy,you know meetings followed by liquid lunches and snacks and i bet Air Canada picks up the tab.

I have known many management like him and well we know where it got us.

He is the master of spin on this forum,i just like to get my thoughts across that its not as rosy as he may think or is told.

No big deal, he'll be gone in the next cut which may or may not happen.

Just a hint there for you LONGTIMER..... DAGGER has no affiliation with AC whatsoever, he is not employed by AC, has never been employed by AC, and yes,I do know who he is, and where he works.

I find his contributions worthwhile and enlightening. Many of things he has "guessed/mused about" at have come to pass. I don't always agree with his postings but have learned to take a "wait and see attitude". Funny how many find it so easy to attempt to put someone down, discredit their input, when they don't agree with a posters thoughts.

If he is pro AC so beit. Is not everyone entitled to their opinion? If you don't like what you read and you can FACTUALLY PROVE the poster is wrong...go for it, but to make disparaging remarks for the sake of posting is wasting ones efforts....IMHO.

Just a hint there for you LONGTIMER..... DAGGER has no affiliation with AC whatsoever, he is not employed by AC, has never been employed by AC, and yes,I do know who he is, and where he works.

I find his contributions worthwhile and enlightening. Many of things he has "guessed/mused about" at have come to pass. I don't always agree with his postings but have learned to take a "wait and see attitude". Funny how many find it so easy to attempt to put someone down, discredit their input, when they don't agree with a posters thoughts.

If he is pro AC so beit. Is not everyone entitled to their opinion? If you don't like what you read and you can FACTUALLY PROVE the poster is wrong...go for it, but to make disparaging remarks for the sake of posting is wasting ones efforts....IMHO.

Thanks Kip, but half the time I don't know who I am or where I am. It's damn cold out there today and it's taken more than a few swigs of good Scotch to keep warm. May need Deicer's help by tomorrow AM. laugh.gif

Hi Kip,,,well if you had read Dagger's postings then you might have noticed his dig's directed at myself.

Just thought you may want know, it seems to me your a little to quick at pointing fingers before posting.Other then that i don't really care if you know him or not,i'm sure he can defend himself. unsure.gif

Archived