Montie Brewer now head of Air Canada

dagger

Not that I necessarily agree with Dozerboy but this is an actual issue for pilots and FAs. For you guys it's work a shift and go home, work a shift and go home - not too hard to plan your meal or bring a lunch. For the aircrew it's different, we finish in a different city and often arrive at the hotel to find the restaurant closed. Airport hotels are convenient to the airport but are usually in a semi-industrial area. Finding food can be a real problem. Most people bring a sandwich or some Powerbars for the first day but since we don't have access to a fridge by the second day you're finished with that.

Used to be we'd stay downtown and you could usually find a place to eat - costs more for the company but better for the crews now we stay at the airport hotel - company saves money but sometimes hard on the crews. Don't even get me started on trying to find food if you happen to be working on a holiday!

I'm sure that in time you'll be able to hold a position that allows you to bid only single day flying with few or no overnights, unless of course you aren't willing to give up on the wide bodied airplanes and pay cheque biggrin.gif (tongue firmly in cheek beer_mug.gif )

All Air Canada pilots have 4 days of simulator, plus one day of annual recurent training. We use to get paid for them, now we don't, a part of the new TA. So, how would you like to come in 5 days a year for free, but now include stress of testing and so forth, and you are doing it for FREE! mad.gif

Best job I ever had! Worse company I ever worked for!

sad.gif

Shame on all of you!

How many of you are living in tin shacks with rats ? How many of you have to catch a bus or ride a bicycle to get to work each day? How many of you can't put food on the table each day for your children or clothes on their backs?

You complain about staying in a Hilton because there are no restaurants open when you arrive. Gee what do you do with the food you've taken off the aircraft ? Throw it out when you get to the hotel...... and don't try to tell me it doesn't happen because I've seen it with my own eyes!

If I counted all the minutes that the company has owed me for staying after my shift but that I have not put in for , well I could take a year off ... With all due respect to the pilots out there you seem to forget that most of us on the ground work 40 hours a week all year long except for our vacations of up to 5 weeks .

What other industry pays all of us for sitting around on our asses for hours ? Whether it be waiting for your next flight or us waiting for the next ground swell of passengers checking in.

We are all so spoiled in this industry that most of us would be hard put to work a real job like the cleaners in the airport or garbage collectors. Lets just thank the company for the jobs we have.

I am just so sick and tired of hearing about how hard done by our (mainline) pilots are when they are making anywhere from twice to 4 times the salary I make and working half the the time I do. You stay in very nice hotels , get driven to and from the airports. What more can you want? You knew when you were hired that you would spend days way from your family and possibly even Xmas -oh my gawd!!!.

So to those of us who are working Xmas - enjoy! To those of you who lucked out and are not working -enjoy! After 32 years in this business and having had only 11 of those years off at Xmas, well whats another Xmas working. My son figured it out long ago , " Mom are you off this Christmas or what?"

Merry Christmas and be thankful for what you have.

Yeah! I'm up for that!.... That's better then the song was coming to my mind...

by Stevie Wonder, you know?:

My name is Secluded...

I live in a house

the

size

of a matchbox...

Roaches live with us wall to wall

biggrin.gif Merry Christmas. smile.gif

Hey dagger

you have your nose so far up managements a$$ its really starting to cut off the 02 to your brain.Over the years i had the pleasure with working with a lot of good managers,,but i also worked with people like you in the ivory tower.You really should have a look whats going on, where the money is actually made,cause it aint comin from the the basement of headquarters

But you're the new generation,the know it alls.I hope i get a chance to enjoy MY RETIREMENT MONEY i had the pleasure earning while employed with Air Canada

iCE MAN i agree with you regarding the new hires,Dagger must be one of these cause he just dont want to open his eyes,other then the spin headquarters puts on the operation.

Archived