Montie Brewer now head of Air Canada

dagger

And the management ranks keep swelling,,,ahhh its refreshing to know that the more things change the longer they stay the same.

I guess Air Canada,i mean ACE liked the way things were working 3 years ago that they have gone back to do it all over again. Why mess with something that works sooooooooooooo well.

You should study things a little closer before you open your mouth.

LTV's posts always surround a certain amount of resentment towards management, I just take them with a grain of salt. He obviously has issues with anything to do with management.

LTV,

Swelling the managment ranks? Maybe this is to fill some of the gaps created by the 25% white collar job losses during the initial round of cuts. I ask again - please name for me one other employee group that took a 25% permanent cut? Having a tough time? Because there isn't one.

Oh yea, what Fido said.

Ah i see there are still a lot of managemet here trying to defend their

little world.

You guys keep thinking and doing what your doing,and we'll see you in CCAA in a couple years.

Your right it was the unions that caused the mess in the first place.

Oh and fido you should take the blinders off and leave that ivory tower you work in and see the real world out there.YYZ cargo may open your eyes,but i doubt it.

Perhaps you could enlighten us then. Where in the press release does it lead us to believe that there are additional bodies being added to the management ranks.

Yep, I'm management and proud of it.

FYI - There is alot more airline out there than YYZ cargo.

As a matter of fact i just got accepted for the early retirement,and i can't wait to get the f..k out.

YYZ cargo,ramp are good example's..You guys in management should really get out and have a look sometimes.You may see where the revenue really comes from.

If Al Graham was still around thats what you would be doing instead of thinking that the revenue monies was printed in a basement at headquarters.

I have family members in management so don't try to tell me that i don't know whats going,,,way to many invites to management fuctions where money was no object

You guys keep trying to pull the wool over everybodies eyes and eventually it will again catch up with you.

Merry Christmas

As a matter of fact i just got accepted for the early retirement,and i can't wait to get the f..k out.

Now that's what I call a win-win. And you know what? Some 20-year-old is going to take your place and he's going to be thrilled.

Now that's what I call a win-win. And you know what? Some 20-year-old is going to take your place and he's going to be thrilled.

Only while he's in training getting full time hours. When he hits the ground running, getting part time hours, on the lousiest shifts,,,,

He won't give a s**t like the rest of them, in short order.

The newhires we have now make the future look scary.

Iceman sad.gif

Guest long keel
LTV,

Swelling the managment ranks? Maybe this is to fill some of the gaps created by the 25% white collar job losses during the initial round of cuts. I ask again - please name for me one other employee group that took a 25% permanent cut? Having a tough time? Because there isn't one.

Oh yea, what Fido said.

Pilots...

A320 pilots took a 15%, comppunded followed by a further 5% cut and are working more hours each month. The hotels they stay at are now located beside the airport in 90% of the layovers. The job in short sucks compared to what it was.

Other than the straight pay that managers took, which was no where near 25%, your quality of life issues were unchanged.

Couple this with the fact that the airlines downsizing, forced many to leave their current positions, many have seen cuts exceeding 50%, that is before we mention those laid off.

Oh yea,

What Rainer Baurer, Don Johnson, and Jean Marc Belanger said...

You have those that earn money for the company and those that just spend the money from the company. Employees the world over are just looking for an honest and responsibly run management team to lead and strengthen their airline. Sadly, not too many of them are out there! dry.gif

The hotels they stay at are now located beside the airport in 90% of the layovers. The job in short sucks compared to what it was.

Geez, that's a crying shame........ considering the whole reason you're there is TO FLY AIRPLANES!!!

Only while he's in training getting full time hours. When he hits the ground running, getting part time hours, on the lousiest shifts,,,,

He won't give a s**t like the rest of them, in short order.

The newhires we have now make the future look scary.

Iceman sad.gif

He's going to know about life coming in. That is why I always advocated shifting part of the burden of concessions to future hires.

One person's lousy shift is the next person's good first job and nice looking reference on the C.V.

When LongTimerV broke his news to us, I thought I heard the luggage on the Samsonite assembly line cheering.

Pilots...

A320 pilots took a 15%, comppunded followed by a further 5% cut and are working more hours each month. The hotels they stay at are now located beside the airport in 90% of the layovers. The job in short sucks compared to what it was.

Other than the straight pay that managers took, which was no where near 25%, your quality of life issues were unchanged.

Couple this with the fact that the airlines downsizing, forced many to leave their current positions, many have seen cuts exceeding 50%, that is before we mention those laid off.

Oh yea,

What Rainer Baurer, Don Johnson, and Jean Marc Belanger said...

When you take out 25% of the jobs, everybody else has to work that much more. Unless a process is eliminated, it still has to get done by the people left behind.

Other unions made dramatic concessions on future hires. Some of that is quite radical, and will help make the airline more profitable which, in the long run, is sure going to be helpful to pilots who are in it for their entire careers.

Bonehead...err sorry I mean conehead. Take your job and move it into a smaller office that pays less. Come into work five days a year for free. When you take your coffee breaks and lunch breaks you are now put into an office without windows and your only selection for meals is the one small overpriced vendor located on property...but do that for sometimes up to 18 hours. Show up at the vendor at 1100 pm when it has just closed the kitchen...and there is NOWHERE ELSE TO EAT.

Would you not complain a little if this happened to you in your work environment ...?

Bonehead...err sorry I mean conehead. Take your job and move it into a smaller office that pays less. Come into work five days a year for free. When you take your coffee breaks and lunch breaks you are now put into an office without windows and your only selection for meals is the one small overpriced vendor located on property...but do that for sometimes up to 18 hours. Show up at the vendor at 1100 pm when it has just closed the kitchen...and there is NOWHERE ELSE TO EAT.

Would you not complain a little if this happened to you in your work environment ...?

Boohoo Cry me a river. Try working midnights and you'll see what we have to deal with every night we work.

LOSER BOY, no sh!T you guys work midnight. How often do you work midnights and how often do you work 18 hours in a day? How can you be working midnights when your looking for something to eat at 11:00pm? Like i said cry me a freakin' river.

If Al Graham was still around thats what you would be doing instead of thinking that the revenue monies was printed in a basement at headquarters.

Is that the same A.G. that broke ZX (we called him F.L.A.G, you figure it out wink.gif )

I can assure you that it was indeed 25% and the life style was so badly affected I had to quit (there was a lot of cheering when I left??? sad.gif )

Take your job and move it into a smaller office that pays less. Come into work five days a year for free. When you take your coffee breaks and lunch breaks you are now put into an office without windows and your only selection for meals is the one small overpriced vendor located on property...but do that for sometimes up to 18 hours. Show up at the vendor at 1100 pm when it has just closed the kitchen...and there is NOWHERE ELSE TO EAT.

Every position has it's draw backs, I'm sorry you didn't realise what airline flying was all about prior to getting into it sad.gif The up side for the Pilots is that no one else in the company enjoys the same pay scale ( I know you only negotiated a pittance for the junior F/Os but that's just the starting point.)

I hope your search for a new career that you truely enjoy is successful beer_mug.gif

LOSER BOY, no sh!T you guys work midnight. How often do you work midnights and how often do you work 18 hours in a day? How can you be working midnights when your looking for something to eat at 11:00pm? Like i said cry me a freakin' river.

Not that I necessarily agree with Dozerboy but this is an actual issue for pilots and FAs. For you guys it's work a shift and go home, work a shift and go home - not too hard to plan your meal or bring a lunch. For the aircrew it's different, we finish in a different city and often arrive at the hotel to find the restaurant closed. Airport hotels are convenient to the airport but are usually in a semi-industrial area. Finding food can be a real problem. Most people bring a sandwich or some Powerbars for the first day but since we don't have access to a fridge by the second day you're finished with that.

Used to be we'd stay downtown and you could usually find a place to eat - costs more for the company but better for the crews now we stay at the airport hotel - company saves money but sometimes hard on the crews. Don't even get me started on trying to find food if you happen to be working on a holiday!

Archived