Hanger Accident

LongTimer V

I have the name of the individual and what happened, but until I recieve information that his family has been informed I and I think anyone else who knows the details should refrain from posting this unfortunate person's name.

• 13 years later...

This man was my dad, Raymond Snair. He was crushed to death while working on the hangar doors. They said he hit his head and would have died instantly but I can't help but think how scared he was when he knew he wasn't going to get out from between those two humongous hangar doors. He was rolled between the doors and crushed to death. He was planning to retire in only three more months and come home to his family in Nova Scotia...to his three year old grand daughter who he adored. Air Canada was kind enough to pay for the funeral. That's it. No passes or anything that dad would have been able to share with us if would have had the chance to retire. They sure do honour their employee's long term commitments. 

1 hour ago, TPelley said:

This man was my dad, Raymond Snair. He was crushed to death while working on the hangar doors. They said he hit his head and would have died instantly but I can't help but think how scared he was when he knew he wasn't going to get out from between those two humongous hangar doors. He was rolled between the doors and crushed to death. He was planning to retire in only three more months and come home to his family in Nova Scotia...to his three year old grand daughter who he adored. Air Canada was kind enough to pay for the funeral. That's it. No passes or anything that dad would have been able to share with us if would have had the chance to retire. They sure do honour their employee's long term commitments. 

I didn't know your Dad, but I was working that day, 13 years ago. It's always tragic when a man is trying to earn a living to support his family, and one day, he never comes home again. I offer my sincere condolences. I know that a big corporation can seem cold at times, but there are some great people there. Most of them, actually. For what it's worth, those passes aren't worth much.

Archived