EMB's going to JAZZ ?

milehighclub

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard this morning that Cerberus is pushing to give all the EMB's to JAZZ. Anyone with true info can elaborate furthermore ?

Thanks,

MHC

Just curious, but where did you "HEAR" this ? ? ?

Is Mr. Dicinto at it again ? ? ?

A Quote from AC VP FltOps: "...With EMB 175s slated to come in mid 2005 as well as 611, 621 and some of the above mentioned 767s and 340s our capacity to both train and fly the schedule will be heavily taxed..."

So unless he's out of the loop and the scope agreement we "agreed" to a few months ago is garbage, I don't think the EMB will be going to Jazz. They are going to have their hands full (just like mainline) with all the training required for the extrs RJ200s and RJ900's coming their way anyway...

John.

"Unless Mr. Teplitsky puts his signature on something, the Em's absolutely cannot go to JAZZ."

Exactly.

This probably started a few weeks ago with a heated discussion in the terminal 1 crew room with an ex-CRA FO and an ex-AO Capt going at it. The FO's point of view was that he heard that the new bid will show an even amount of positions with very few recalls on the January bid. No new upgrades planned either. His whole argument was around mainline hiring and the Capt said wait, "he heard from a good source that Cerberus wants Jazz to fly the EMB 170/190's"

Thats the way it was explained to me. ph34r.gif

Guest long keel

For what its worth, the EMB 175/190 is available in the bidding computer for all of the AC pilots should they want to fly this machine.

Additionally several managers are on course for this aircraft getting their training.

I think the Jazz rumour is just a way of silencing the junior ranks for pushing for an endtail at AC.

No, No , No.

Some fo the regional aircraft are going to the mainline regional operation and some of the aircraft are going to the regional regional operation. The regional aircraft at the mainline regional operation will funnily enough be flown mostly by pilots who came from the regional regional and all the regional regional aircraft will be flown by real regional pilots who may or may not be wanna be mainline regional pilots. But, the point is that these are real aircraft and real jobs for real pilots all working for the same corporation owned by the same shareholders and run by the same executives. So, why not just one pilot group with one seniority list? wink.gif

GTFA

Guest long keel
So, why not just one pilot group with one seniority list? wink.gif

GTFA

Exactly,

Endtail the mainline with no bump no flush. The Regional Pilot who never wants to fly at mainline gets his wish, and the regional guy who wants a move up gets it.

Endtail the mainline with no bump no flush. The Regional Pilot who never wants to fly at mainline gets his wish, and the regional guy who wants a move up gets it.

I'm curious how the new corporate structure would affect a merger of any lists, prior to emerging from CCAA ACM (Air Canada Mainline) owned ACJ, but now they are both wholly owned subsiduaries of ACE (Air Canada Enterprises).

The AC/CDN deal was a buy out, whereas any combining of list between ACM and ACJ would be a true merger would it not??

Like I said I'm just curious, Brett

martini.gifmartini.gifmartini.gifmartini.gif ...

"True merger".... oi... You're suggesting that Air Ontario, Air BC, Air Atlantic, Canadian Regional, and who ever else became a part of what is now Jazz (DEI?), were less of a buy-out, and somehow more worthy of "true merger" status, than CAIL?

Please to take thine head in thine hands and shake back and forth with vigour!

Tanks mate..

Cheers.... cool.gif

I know, I know, but I am curious as to whether or not there is a difference from a legal standpoint?

In maintenance when the YYC Jazz people were merged they were given DOH subject to the Adams award, (all except a few CRA good old boys who never bid on a position ever, who ended up above basic)

And you know how badly the CDN/AC combining went sad.gif

But that was the merging of one employee group into an exsisting one, Now ACM no longer owns ACJ, they're now both owned by ACE so would that have any legal bearing on the combining of lists??

My suggestion to the junior ranks at Jazz, is you better get your collective thoughts together and wrestle your union back from the old boys. Starting the end of 2005 we will be hiring approx 100 to 150 a year just to cover retirements.

The old boys have missed the boat a couple of times and they will not be 320 Capt's let alone 340 Capt's like they envision themselves. Don't let these guys hijack your futures!! ph34r.gif

"True merger".... oi... You're suggesting that Air Ontario, Air BC, Air Atlantic, Canadian Regional, and who ever else became a part of what is now Jazz (DEI?), were less of a buy-out, and somehow more worthy of "true merger" status, than CAIL?

Yes and No, ZX,GX,QK and KI were combined to form an entirerly new company (Air Atlantic was owned by Ken Rowe of CJ 1 and 2 fame) whereas CDN was absorbed by AC (FWIW I've always maintained that is was a merger and should have been treated as such)

My suggestion to the junior ranks at Jazz, is you better get your collective thoughts together and wrestle your union back from the old boys. Starting the end of 2005 we will be hiring approx 100 to 150 a year just to cover retirements.

The old boys have missed the boat a couple of times and they will not be 320 Capt's let alone 340 Capt's like they envision themselves. Don't let these guys hijack your futures!! ph34r.gif

What on earth do the "Old Boys" at Jazz have to lose that they are trying to protect at the expense of the juniors?

What is there to "wrestle" with?

A single list of pilots to crew ACE's aircraft would unarguably be a benefit to all. Even the Old boys at Mainline. I don't think anyone has disputed this. The conflict lies in the method.

If both parties could put their pride in ther pockets and agree to a REAL Met/Arb process we could get on with it. There are people on both sides that need to get off their high horses and leave this mess to those who truly wish a resolution and have the guts to share the pain. ohmy.gif

GTFA

Mitch and AME, this does not have to be a corporate merger. It can merely be a seniority merger of pilots with no consideration for any other department. All it takes is for all parties to agree.

I don't know why this subject is once agaain becoming prominent; however, labour law in Canada does not differentiate between merger, being "absorbed," take-over, etc.

And although as individuals we may feel that it should, labour law states it does not. So no point discussing whether a situation is a merger, take-over, or being "absorbed." IMHO.

Archived