YVR AIF to rise... again..

CanadaEH

Where or where does it end ? ? ?

If this is indeed true, and I do not doubt for a second that it isn't, These airports need to either be completely re-regulated, or have some other means for them to be reigned in.

There is currently absolutely zero accountability with these empires. If you need more money just go out and charge more for user fees. What is the definition of a suitable functional airport anyhow ? ? ?

YVR, YYZ, YYC all spend money like it is free. YEG built a beautiful addition, but for the most part it sits empty. WHY ????

At least YUL is upgrading some poorly lacking and outdated facilities, particularily after consolidating everything from YMX.

Take note, that the YVRAA is also taking their @$$ out of it, by getting the airlines to now collect the AIF.

If the YVRAA were a Government, I'd say their governing style was "Fascist" mad.gif

Read in an internal communication that YVR's AIF to to rise, again, from $10 to $15 for travel in North America. I had no idea this was happening, was there a news release?

Came out a few months ago. As of Jan 1 it will cost $15. Something to do with YVR raising more money to help pay for the new RAV line set to go to the airport. Funny thing, the one airport in Canada, YYZ, who is deep in the hole, does not charge airline workers anything in the AIF dept. The only occupation I know of that charges the employee to get to work. mad.gif

Rav line is probably a good cover up for giving the Richmond Fire Department the boot, bringing in their own Emergency Response team, purchasing the new Firetrucks as well as other support vehicles, oh not to mention building them a new state of the art facility for operations, office space, and equipment space purposes. They will be abandoning the Templeton facility some time in the near future. Has anyone caught on to that yet?

I dont buy into the Rav Line theory myself.

YVRAA is becoming more like the GTAA.

YVRAA is becoming more like the GTAA.

Then I definately feel sorry for all you that work in YVR. I imagine that these airport authorities will never really been reigned in. The gov't probably is envious of it's ability to raise fee's anytime it wants some extra cash. Oh wait, the gov't does the same thing with taxes, doesn't it?

Question, why do we need such an elaborate terminal with art work and sculptures etc. Wouldn't clean, plain and functional be OK?

CPdude: take YEG for example. They tried to renovate the entire terminal only to try and steal business from YYC. Now they just have a fancy building, and no one flying there (European or Asian Carriers). It was a bad move, I see YVR doing the same only to try and steal from SEA. I hope it doesent backfire.

So what would the YVRAA say now? "The gov't increased our land lease again"

I'm sure they have a million other legitimate reasons. Or do they?

I agree with CPdude: Keet it simple. mad.gif

Question, why do we need such an elaborate terminal with art work and sculptures etc. Wouldn't clean, plain and functional be OK?

Because their (Robin Leech)Waaaald Classs(/Robin Leech)

The new terminal being built in Singapore for regional traffic isn't even going to have jetways...

It isn't that I expect all terminals to look like the shack Tower Air had at JFK, but the airport authorities are completely out of control. It's especially bad when the expansion serves no particular end.

I actually hope the GTAA goes totally bankrupt so Ottawa will be forced to evict them from Pearson and deal with their little disaster, and their had better not be a bail-out for their creditors.

Fido:

did you check the arrivals/departures?

how many European and Asian arrivals did you recieve at YEG today?

heh

My posting specifically refered to Asian and European carriers.

Should YVRAA insist on the WestJet hangar being constructed near Burkeville, angry residents threatenling legal action already, I guess this gives the YVRAA another excuse to raise AIF at YVR, to pay for legal battles of course.

And to think all this time that YVRAA was a non profit organization.

mad.gif

Archived