'nother observation for WJers

Kip Powick

On the WJA website, under luggage and PROHIBITED items for carry–on luggage the following is posted;

aerosol spray cans including hair spray, deodorant, insect repellent

Transport Canada, on their website, posts the following with regard to carry-on luggage;

Passengers may bring non-radioactive medicinal or toilet articles (including aerosols), such as hair sprays, perfumes, colognes, insect repellents or medicines containing alcohol

If one “digs” further into WJA website one will find that there is a chart that says the following are permitted in carry-on luggage

***** in both cases there are restrictions concerning quantity in the cans

Perhaps a word to persons responsible for website content is required. The average person would just go to the “baggage” tab and not see that, later on, further in the website, there are statements that contradict what is posted on the Baggage tab(carry-on)

Just a thought.

On the WJA website, under luggage and PROHIBITED items for carry–on luggage the following is posted;

Transport Canada, on their website, posts the following with regard to carry-on luggage;

Passengers may bring non-radioactive medicinal or toilet articles (including aerosols), such as hair sprays, perfumes, colognes, insect repellents or medicines containing alcohol

If one “digs” further into WJA website one will find that there is a chart that says the following are permitted in carry-on luggage

***** in both cases there are restrictions concerning quantity in the cans

Perhaps a word to persons responsible for website content is required. The average person would just go to the “baggage” tab and not see that, later on, further in the website, there are statements that contradict what is posted on the Baggage tab(carry-on)

Just a thought.

I don't envy the CSA checking you in for your vacation... she or he had better know their stuff! biggrin.gif

Yeh, I guess it sounds like I'm picky but...... my sister-in-law is going on this trip and asked if she could take aerosol hairspray onboard...I said sure, after all AC allows it so I would think all airlines allow it... but as we are flying WJA I thought I should look at their site...............that's how it began biggrin.gif

Steam Driven, Check YOUR Com Section 5, page 6: tongue.gif

Non-radioactive medicinal or toilet articles (including aerosols):

when the total net quantity of ALL such articles carried by each passenger or crew member does not EXCEED 2kg. (4.4 lbs) or 2 litres (2 qt.) and the net quantity of each single article does not exceed 0.5 kg or 0.5 litres (1.1 lbs ot 1 pt.)(See Note 1)

Carry on: Yes

Checked: Yes

On One's Person: Yes.

my aerosol hairspray is 250 ml.. so it IS allowable. cool26.gif

(deleted my other posts which have no relevance now)

why then, would security not take these items from us when going thru a check when deadheading or when we get the random checks?

Because their job is to look for items that may pose a security risk not items that may represent a dangerous goods risk.

Archived