Harmony Jobs in YVR

zipped

Preference will be given to pilots who already have a B757/ B767 and B737-NG type endorsement

Is HMY getting 737NG's or are they just hoping to grab pilots away from WJ?

Personally I would think that it is not a gigantic leap from a "glass 737" (NG) to a 757/767 so those that have a flown a 737NG would be given preference over a guy/gal who has only flown the analogue/steam driven aircraft...yes ???

Hmmm,

So they're looking for a little "glass" time.

How about a little glassy water time?

When are they going to run out of conditional experience requirements to justify NOT hiring certain people?

If they want to find out who is REALLY serious and at least partially capable why don't they just get pilots to pay for their own training then offer jobs to successful trainees?

OH PUKE! I can't believe I said that, even in jest. Anyway what are the WAWCONs at HMY these days? Would someone have cause to consider leaving a WJ or JAZZ etc. to get a job like this?

GTFA

BIG fan of the '57!

So what's the attraction?

Are some people just too restless to hang on where they are?

Or is there truly opportunity for career advancement beyond that advertised at WJ?

GTFA

Well. Might be restless folks. I think there are a few reasons. As you probably know the WestJet pay system isn't for everyone. The 757 It's a bigger machine, doing different flying and from what I hear they are a great place to work for with a very good product. The company is also based in YVR, one of the best cities in the world but I'm biased. We don't have a lot of turn over at WestJet but if people don't like it they are free to leave with no hard feelings.

Well. Might be restless folks. I think there are a few reasons. As you probably know the WestJet pay system isn't for everyone. The 757 It's a bigger machine, doing different flying and from what I hear they are a great place to work for with a very good product. The company is also based in YVR, one of the best cities in the world but I'm biased. We don't have a lot of turn over at WestJet but if people don't like it they are free to leave with no hard feelings.

Hey spinny, this is your big chance to get back to yvr. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Spinnaker is right. No hard feelings, unless they came for a month or two only causing our training dollars to flush away. Then yea, theyre off the Christmas Card list.

For some the commute is a hassle, others can't get over the feeling that they took a step backward when they left the left seats of A320s & 757s going to Hawaii and Palm Springs to end up in the right seat of a lowly 737 overnighting in Fort Mac or Prince George. It may not be logical, but it's a feeling a small number have and if they can't get over it then it's best for them to move on.

Sorry buddy, if I worked over there, who would you have to set your descent forcast of 150 knots to the ground when you're in the lav?

I was going to apply, but as you and I both know, someone once told me I had a fat head. There is no way I would be able to get that hat on. laugh.gif

Archived