F100 checks.

Spinnaker

This is an article I liberated off the StockHouse Bullboard, Westjet forum. I am curious... has JetsGo done these major overhauls to their F100 fleet?

American's decision to retire its Fokker 100 fleet follows on the airline's previous moves to cut fleet types from 14 to seven. The first F-100 will leave the fleet in the third quarter of 2003, and the last plane will retire by the third quarter of 2005.

While regular maintenance will continue, each Fokker aircraft will be retired before its next scheduled major overhaul, resulting in major cost savings, American said. In addition, since the F-100 is not common with other aircraft types, crew-training savings will be very significant, the airline added.

"The Fokker is a small plane with very high operating costs, complicated by the manufacturer's bankruptcy. Its economics simply no longer work for us," Carty said.” http://dallas.bizjournals.com/dallas/stori...y10.html?page=2

Pretty much explains why Mike got them at just above scrap metal prices. Of note for WJ is we are retiring the -200's as they approach their next "D" check. A check of this size on an average -200 is usually north of 2 mil. As for the F100's? He doesn't have a choice about doing it, it just depends how well they are done. Not a cheap proposition either way.

Pay me now or pay me later, ML seems to always take the pay me later route doesn't he?

Guest rattler
This is an article I liberated off the StockHouse Bullboard, Westjet forum. I am curious... has JetsGo done these major overhauls to their F100 fleet?

I guess that depends on the actual age/time on the individual aircraft they purchased. Your question is moot, in that they would have not option but to do the necessary mtce. under Canadian Regulations so no need to worry.

Archived