The Peter Principle grasped by a kid!

Mitch Cronin

After spending the last couple of days considering what to do, if anything, regarding my rather profane response to this thread the other night, the .3 watt Noma Christmas tree bulb in the dusty recesses of my skull has finally come on.

I hit the delete button on my post. I'm still not entirely sure why I didn't think to do this the moment I realised my embarrassment at what I had written. This as an open and I guess it could be considered family forum. No one comes here for truckstop language. Mitch started this thread by sharing a moment with his kid... but the train ultimately left the tracks and took a dirt road. I apparently live along this road in a 1974 mobile home complete with a dead Chevy pickup, coonhound and several unserviceable refrigerators in the yard.

As of late, I have had several occasions to be judgmental of flight attendants for reasons that I won't get into here. I have found myself critical of a few individuals, the union that does their bidding and to some degree the company that I work for. These are issues that are will be dealt with by the correct avenue and it will not be on a public forum. That said, it was not my place to tar all with the same brush.

I am fortunate enough to have several flight attendants who are very good friends, well respected and valued coworkers. My emotional rant does them a disservice. It was also an insult to other flight attendants at both my own and other airlines who are out there doing the day to day grind in the crowded, smelly and quite often hostile portion of the aircraft. (Put a guy behind a bulletproof door and he suddenly thinks he's bulletproof)

In the future I plan to stick to writing bush pilot stories and leave the socioeconomic, geopolitical, industrial and human resources issues to those brighter than this northern hillbilly.

My apologies all the way around if you'll have them.

Kevin Elke

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch et al:

Yea...I will be at Jazz round the middle of the month. Perhaps I'll drop by the old haunt and visit you. I am sure things there are much different than 10 years ago.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

B

Archived