Computer Question

Kip Powick

OS..Win7Pro 64bit///all updates//// IE 10

For some reason I have lost the ability to UPLIFT photos to websites.

I can't seem to find a reason although I have been advised that these websites photo up loader is serviceable.

On this website I can't seem to get a You Tube Video on screen as well.

IT gurus assistance required...thanks :Grin-Nod:

I'm not a PC guy but your problems seem browser related - did you do the restart-clear-cache thing? This has worked for me before but it was on my Mac with Firefox so maybe won't be much help for you.

I'm not a PC guy but your problems seem browser related - did you do the restart-clear-cache thing? This has worked for me before but it was on my Mac with Firefox so maybe won't be much help for you.

Yup, cache has been cleared. I have looked at the ":settings" for the browser but not sure if they are all correct but to the best of my memory, I never went in and changed a thing prior to this hic-cup.

You're either behind a double NAT (a router behind another router) or the firewall, VPN or privacy software you're using is meddling with the HTML POST function.

We have this problem at work when we try to submit travel expenses over some Wi-Fi or over the VPN connection. But if we switch to our data sticks it works just fine.

No computer message.

Same story with Chrome

Yes, I have been reluctant to turn off the firewall but I think I will try that and let you know.

Tried with Firewall off....No Change

Will upgrade to IE 11 and see what happens

************Did not upgrade to IE 11. Too many postings on the Net about problems with IE 11.

Will seek more advice..thanks.

Installed Firefox..................can upload photos now but not happy with Firefox as a browser. Have to decide if I want to "learn" Firefox or have my son-in-law fix my problem when he next visits.

Thank you for your suggestion. :biggrin1::checkmark:

Change can be difficult but I use Firefox as my main browser - seems to work very well. The big advantage is the number of extensions and add-ons. Stick with it for a while and you come to prefer it over IE.

I switched over to Firefox about a year ago as IE was not working properly. Bit of a learning curve at first but I never use IE any more. As seeker said, stick with it a for a bit and it will probably win you over too.

IE is the LEAST compatible browser of the major browsers. Microsoft has taken it on themselves to ensure they do not support many of the standards of the W3. Chrome and Firefox are the two best. I use Chrome.

Developing Web pages is difficult when confronted with having to support Microsoft then everything else.

Archived