Tc Doing Its Best To Help Foreign Pilots

anonymous

So TC was allowing foreign pilots to write the ATPL exams and then awarding the pilots ICAO level 6 for English proficiency with no speaking or listing testing. Some Asian carrier's pilots were taking advantage of this up until very recently. This may have been stopped but I just wanted to say thanks :-(

Guest longtimer

So TC was allowing foreign pilots to write the ATPL exams and then awarding the pilots ICAO level 6 for English proficiency with no speaking or listing testing. Some Asian carrier's pilots were taking advantage of this up until very recently. This may have been stopped but I just wanted to say thanks :-(

and this is reported where????

Guest longtimer

By someone who has direct knowledge that this was happening....

Too bad there is no documented proof, without that we only have "hearsay" information.

The English proficiency endorsement was US/FAA driven. It's implementation in Canada was disgraceful. I was in the UK when I found out with less than a month to the deadline that such a requirement was being implemented, having found out from my Latvian contract holder.

Then I learned that in Canada, it was possible to obtain an ATPL with French only proficiency.

Is that true? Was it the case then? Is it the case now?

Archived