Max Ward

manwest

But the airline had a good reputation with his customers. Not sure he made much money flying airplanes in the end but did will with the sell job on PWA corp.

Anyone remember the Sheftels airliner hotel near YYCAP. Many a good time had there in the 70's and 80's. He loved the airline crowd.

Now that is debatable.

You must be a union guy...

To not enjoy what Max and Wardair gave this industry. Couple

hundred grand a year, prestige, and the f/a's all wore the

same bra's.

Life was grand.

Let us not get off on tangent and start thrashing Max Ward. Max was loved and respected by hundreds, if not thousands of people in the airline industry. I was one of those people. There are many, many, stories about Max and his happenings and ways, a lot of them are really amazing and interesting.

Every person I have met, who dealt with Max on a personal level, had nothing but respect for the man.

Max is a true Icon in Canadian aviation. Obviously not every one will agree, but the vast majority will.

Fido and RFL are just upset at how far ahead of us all Max is in the "He who has the most toys wins" race!

Tony!

Let us not get off on tangent and start thrashing Max Ward. Max was loved and respected by hundreds, if not thousands of people in the airline industry. I was one of those people. There are many, many, stories about Max and his happenings and ways, a lot of them are really amazing and interesting.

Every person I have met, who dealt with Max on a personal level, had nothing but respect for the man.

Max is a true Icon in Canadian aviation. Obviously not every one will agree, but the vast majority will.

Fido and RFL are just upset at how far ahead of us all Max is in the "He who has the most toys wins" race!

Tony!

I met Max at many functions, some were award functions or national company meetings. He was always approachable, friendly and down to earth. He cared a lot for his business and his passengers. He would work many a flight ensuring top notch service that passenegrs mention to me, to this day, whenever they want to book Europe and Hawaii.

Nobody complained about Wardair. They had the best staff.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

Never met the man, but Wardair was an excellent shop with some great professionals from the flight deck to the hangar floor and everywhere in between. I'd have flown on Wardair any time, and twice on Sunday, just so long as Max wasn't in command of the aircraft. I've met several folks who flew with him. They all like the man, but the general consensus seems to be that his longevity is as much about luck as it is about skill.

Max Ward, the only true winner of "Deregulation" in Canada.

Walked away with a ton of cash, flys around in his own private jet, re-lives the old days in his Twin Otter.

Sits at home and counts his money....life is good.

He had a fair bit to say (publicly) about "overpaid" Pilots when Canadi>n was having a bad day, never quite forgave him for that, considering we put his name on our first 747-400.

No doubt it was a great Airline with unsurpassed service.

... Fido and RFL are just upset at how far ahead of us all Max is in the "He who has the most toys wins" race!

Tony!

I lost respect for the man when I overheard on a flight and heard of other instances when he would trash Air Canada to other people when he was riding in First Class on Ac on his free pass.

His ground management staff were also the most arrogant of people to deal with. They would get 'Max' to go whining to the government if Wardair did not get their way every time.

Of course there were the incidents of the numerous 'flat tires' when they were told that their gate time was up and they had to push their aircraft to a remote position instead of blocking the gate from other carriers.

Archived